Longwood Gardens 2020

A few years ago I made my first trip to Longwood Gardens with my friend Max. We went Labor Day weekend which marked the end of summer. I wrote a post about it here and had not been back again until recently.



The Gardens are set on over 1,000 acres of land and there are waterfalls, botanical gardens, fountains, tree walks, meadows and open fields. This trip I went with my boyfriend, Nick.  Although the weather was a little colder and not as many plants or flowers in bloom outside we still had a really nice time exploring the grounds together

We took the time to walk the grounds a little which was really nice. The temperatures were in the 40's which is a little chilly but it was so quiet and peaceful to be out there on our own. We took a walk up to the Lookout Loft, Canopy Cathedral and the Birdhouse.



Posing with the Dragon carvings!




After freezing our butts off outside we headed over to the conservatory to go check out the Orchid Extravaganza and the rest of the rooms of this amazing building!

We took a lot of candids of each other and I found us a nice bench to relax for a little and so I could get a little sketching in!




















Because we've all been in isolation for almost a month, these photos almost feel like a lifetime ago. I enjoy looking back at these pictures as they remind me of what we have to look forward to once we have crushed this virus and flattened the curve. 

Even though you can't get to Longwood Gardens for the foreseeable future, I encourage everyone to still get outside! Go for a walk in local neighborhoods and check out at all of the new flowers and plants that are starting to pop up again. Maybe pick a few leaves or specimens and do some pressings:


I did some pressings about 5 years ago and I still need to get them in frames! If you're looking for step by step instructions check out this link. In the past to press my nature specimens I used HUGE heavy art books! If you don't have heavy books, there are a few other ways to do pressings that are covered in the link above.

Another thing you can do while taking a little nature walk is collect a few rocks to paint and then hide for others to find. 




What ever you choose to do, be safe, wash your hands and wear a mask!

Hope you are all getting through this time okay. It's been hard on all of us but we are doing it together.

Stay strong & Style on,
~Kristina




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Bowie: Fashion Icon, Rock Legend

Polka Dot Queen

Dark Vibes