International Women's Day!


Happy International Women's Day everyone!

I've been spending today thinking about the most important women in my life and what they have done for me.

My mother and my grandmother's have inspired me in so many ways and I can only hope to be as wonderful, caring and loving as them by the time I have children and much later, grandchildren.

Mothers and grandmothers are more often than not the ones who help raise you and your family. They are a source of strength when you are at your weakest and pluck you up when you are needing it the most.

Here is my mother, her mother and my father's mother.

My mother, Helen.

We had our years of misunderstanding and fights but truly my mother has done so much for me and I love her very much.  Since moving to Philly for college, getting a job in NJ and being away from home, it's been hard being apart from one another. We talk a few times a week, sometimes more. But its always nice when I get to travel home to see her!


My grandmother, Chrysanthe

The woman who helped raise my sister and I and the woman who helped inspire the name for this blog is my grandmother/yiayia Chris. She taught me how to sew, encouraged my strengths and has always been there for me no matter what.  Through thick and thin she has been a large part of my life and I thank her for everything she has done.


My grandmother, Margarita

Although she is no longer with us, I feel her with me every day. She left us much too soon but while she was here she always took care of everyone.  One of the best cooks, had one of the greatest laughs and beautiful smiles.  She really was an all around amazing woman. She had so much life left and so much love left to give but unfortunately we lost her a little early and we now have her as our guardian angel. I can only hope to see her again someday



So today take some time to think about the important women in your life or the women who have inspired you in some way, shape or form. And remember, without ladies, there would be no you!


Stay strong and style on,

-Kristina


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Bowie: Fashion Icon, Rock Legend

Polka Dot Queen

Dark Vibes