Beach Sunrise

About a month ago I took the early morning drive down to Stone Harbor, NJ to see the sun rise with a handful of good people and friends.

Seeing the sunrise on the beach is something that I've been wanting to do for years but haven't had the chance.  In a way I find it strange that I've never gone before since we have a summer house in Maine only a 7 minute walk from the beach!  But this was the first beach sunrise for a handful of the people there and I'm so happy that I was able to do this.  There are a lot of pictures! Click through to see them all and the story along the way




The beach was quiet and peaceful when I got there around 5:45AM.  I drove about 2 hours to get down to the shore from Philadelphia.  I got up around 3:30 and left by 4am to see the sunrise, while very early, it was very worth it.

Click the link for the rest of the post!





We saw the beach combers!


(Sam, Caroline and Desiree)
(The gang)






NAAAAAA SAVANNAAHHHH!!!





The moon!




Yoga with the sunrise -Namaste-







 (Mike and Bronson)






(Sam and I)

After the sun came up, Bronson Mike and I were very hungry so we set out to get some breakfast.

We all got these amazing waffles from Brian's Waffle house that was close by and recommended to us by Caroline. I got the Hershey's chocolate chip waffle which was very tasty,

After breakfast we walked around for a little and ran into this adorable 12 year old pup!

Soon we headed back to the beach and laid out for the day

I personally had never been to "the shore" before so it was a little bit of a different experience.  I had never heard of such a thing called "beach tags" where you basically have to pay to be on the beach!  Also even with lifeguards on duty, you were only allowed to swim directly in front of their chairs, absurd!

Some light reading~~

Doesn't look it, but the water was SO warm. It felt great to get into the water a few times.
As you can see I was very pleased!

It was unfortunate that not everyone was invited to make it down for the day, but this is definitely something that I would love to do again.

I had a friend tell me once that I am more optimistic because I prefer sunrises to sunsets.  Because sunrise symbolizes a start to a new day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polka Dot Queen

David Bowie: Fashion Icon, Rock Legend

Dark Vibes