Moore Girls are Forever

Hello all! It has been quite the crazy month and I've barely had time to make new posts.  Surprisingly I've been finding different things to be doing on the weekends.  While that is a good thing, I've somewhat missed just kicking back and taking some me time.

About a month ago now my friend Sam and I took a road trip up to Scranton to visit one of our very good friends, Laura.  We headed up on Friday afternoon after work and stayed until mid-morning on Sunday.  We had a great time and it was so nice to be able to spend some time with Laura, especially because we don't get to see her very often anymore.

The drive up wasn't too bad and only took about two hours to get there with some traffic in between.  Friday night we ate dinner with her family and then went out for a small adventure:















After frolicking out side in the beautiful weather for a little while, we made our way over to the liquor store for a bottle of wine and then headed back to Laura's for snacks and movies!  We also spent some of the night drawing and coming up with ideas for the silk dyeing class we were taking in the morning

"Hmm...Let's see.  Can I draw and hold this wine glass at the same time."
"Damn right you can! You've got your BFA!"

We got up a little early next morning, gathered up supplies and headed over to where Laura works as a studio assistant at Abington Art Studio.  Her boss was SO nice and very happy to have us for the class, she was also thrilled that we were artists!

The type of silk dyeing that we did is called "Batik" We placed our drawings under the scarf and traced out our drawings and designs with wax. When the wax sets then you are able to use the dye to paint over it. The process was challenging but a lot of fun and we each did something very different!









After our class was done we went out for a quick lunch then back to Laura's to relax and watch more movies together.

We left around 10:30 the next morning and it was hard to leave!  It was great being able to escape the depths of the city for a weekend to spend some time with a very close friend of ours.  We are so close yet so far from each other!  I think that's what the hardest part has been about graduating-- being separated from the people I'm closest with.  Going to Moore College of Art was probably one of the best decisions I ever made.  It led me to Philadelphia, I met some amazing women (and men) and the decision to move back here was a good one. 

During my absence from the blog I applied for a full time assistant designer position at work.  While I didn't get the full time gig, I did get the extension on my internship which means I'll be living in the city until at least December!!  While a part of me has been a little home sick, I know that this is my time to grow and really find my own path.  New Hampshire will always be home, but for now I feel like I'm in the right place and I'm just so grateful to have these two women (as well as a few others) so close by to me.

Keep looking for more posts to come! I've been busy taking photos and having different adventures that I will be sharing soon!

-Kristina





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Bowie: Fashion Icon, Rock Legend

Artist Thursdays: Stephanie Pepper

Dark Vibes