Ideas are brewing...

Hi all!

I know that it's been quite a while but I've still been hustling trying to get that full time Assistant Designer job! I've been on a small handful on interviews and even got offered one but unfortunately I wasn't able to accept.

I'm hoping that in the next few weeks (very short weeks) that I will find something else that might be better suited for me. I've lost count of all the applications and rejections that have come my way.  While rejection is hard as well as working your butt off and not reaping the benefits I (we, you) can't let that discourage you from driving forward.

Quotes, Quote, Motivation, Inspiration, Life, Love, Travel, Fitness, Movies, Books, Quote Hanger, quotehanger, iphone, app, mobile, apple, wisdom, wanderlustI graduated a little over two years ago now and I'm still hunting for that job I am meant for; not the girl who sits next to me, or the recent grad, not the person who walks in the door after me for an interview but me.  It's exhausting mentally going into an interview, being transparent, putting you and your work on the table and being vulnerable to criticism.  Let's face it, interviews aren't necessarily the most 'fun' thing but they are important.  Even if you don't get the job always thank who ever you've communicated with and always request feedback.  If you ask for feedback and never get any at least you asked and HR or the interviewer will notice that.  With that feedback you can now work it into your next interview and try to cater to the company you want to be a part of and hopefully get the job.

I definitely have moments where I spend all of my time thinking about what I did or didn't do, why I'm not good enough or what else I could of done to get a job or not.  But honestly, there usually is nothing wrong with you or even with me.  There will always be someone who has more experience than you, has something you don't or maybe their personality just meshes better with the team than yours does.  That doesn't mean you have a bad personality or not enough experience at all it just wasn't meant to be.  It's cliche I know, but it's what I've been telling myself rejection after rejection.

Recently when I was offered a job I had the difficult task of trying to negotiate salary and benefits. While I was thrilled being offered my first job, I had to take a step back and truly think about the decision I was making.  I weighed the pros and cons, asked my mom and co-workers for advice and even one of the recruiters that I had been working with.  Everyone has something different to say but in the end when I looked at the bigger picture, financially and mentally I didn't feel like it was feasible for me to do under the given circumstances.  It was an extremely hard decision to make and it was very hard to say no but I had to trust myself (and God, if you want to go that route) that there is something better for me, and there is!

What that might be I'm not totally sure of yet but I know that I'm going to keep chasing my dream because I know that this is what I really want to do for my career.  So if you are also struggling-- keep on keepin' on. You will get there, I promise.  It might not look or feel like that sometimes but the best thing you can do it keep pushing forward. Harder, Faster, Better, Stronger than the last time.

On the blog side of life;  I'm hoping to get back to posting very soon.  A new look is coming your way and I'm really excited to find more time to put into this blog because I miss writing!  Hopefully I will be back here soon.  Until then stay strong and style on.

-Kristina
Quotes that will inspire the crap out of you! www.levo.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Bowie: Fashion Icon, Rock Legend

Polka Dot Queen

Dark Vibes