The 4th!

Hello Followers and curious onlookers!  I am back from a short disappearance.  My internship with Destination Maternity has been going great, but I have been so busy!  Luckily, I was able to go home last weekend to spend the 4th of July weekend with my family.

I took Thursday off and flew out that morning to Boston.  My trip was a long one that included, 2 trains, 1 plane and 1 bus ride to get all the way up the Maine.  But the journey was well worth it. My parents picked me up from the bus station and we rode into Portsmouth to have pizza for a late lunch!

Later that evening it started to rain and unfortunately rained all day on the 4th of July, so we were stuck inside all day. My mom and I went by and visited with my grandmother for a little then my Aunt, Uncle and their two girls came over for dinner and we ordered Chinese (how American! haha)

Thankfully the next day was beautiful and we were able to get down to the beach!


My two younger cousins being the cuties that they are!

Me with my cousins!  Somehow I'm the oldest....but the shortest. *sigh*

Being silly!

Later that night we attempted to go see the fireworks that weren't cancelled but ended up being so because of the wind.  Needless to say, we were pretty bummed.  But at least we had some sparklers laying around and decided to have a little holiday fun that way instead!



As you can see, we made our own fun!

Sunday was also another beautiful beach day and my family and I spent most of the day down at the beach.  I was trying to get together with a few friends and luckily I got to see one of them!  My friend Brie from home came up to Maine for the afternoon which was really great!  She and I had lunch on the beach, got caught up with each other and just relaxed.  For dinner we all went out for Mexican where Brie and I got these fantastic margaritas.



They were so awesome! And so was our meal :D
After dinner we stopped by the tourist shop that I use to work at a few years ago.  Luckily one of my favourite co-workers was working and I was able to say hello and chat with her for a little!

Brie and I walked around for a little while after that and decided to make the walk up to get some ice cream!  We took some beautiful photos along the way:





"Hash-tag" reasons why Maine is one of my favourite places on earth.
The trek up to Brown's Old Fashioned Ice Cream was worth it (as always) Brie had never been before! Of course I got my usual, Red-Raspberry Chip and Brie went with Mint Chip~~Always a classic. Instead of fighting for a place to sit at the picnic tables, we walked over to The Nubble Lighthouse to enjoy the rest of our treat!




And Brie snapped this one of me with the daisy I picked!
We had a great evening together and it was nice to be able to spend some time with a good friend.  I went back to Philly Monday late morning and my buddy Max was kind enough to pick me up from the airport.  On the way home we made a quick pit stop at the Atomic City Comics on South Street and I bought him a couple comics as a late birthday present, which he definitely appreciated :]


Just a side note: This X-Men game is legendary!  For a while it was out of order and wasn't working but I'm pretty sure some of the best of the best have played at these controls!

But after a nice long weekend with friends and family, I went back to a long week at work.  I'm glad to be back in Philly but I just wish it wasn't so hot! We need a little bit of rain here.

I hope that you all had a great 4th of July/weekend and that this coming weekend is full of new adventures!

-Kristina






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Bowie: Fashion Icon, Rock Legend

Polka Dot Queen

Dark Vibes