Polka Dot Queen

As you might of seen in the last post, I really enjoy getting dressed up for special occasions!  This time is was no different.  Usually I end up going out and buying something new to wear to a wedding but in this case I already had a dress in my closet.  A few months ago a girl I worked with at Timberland came by my desk with a dress that she said was a gift from someone but it didn't find her exactly.  She's a little bit shorter than I am and the proportions were off for her.  That's the down side to being a petite girl! (I'm not even at 5'2!)

So she was kind enough to bestow it upon me!  I've been waiting for the right occasion to come along and this was it!


The polka dot dress from Forever21 has a cute little peplum and also a mesh top which adds character to the dress.  It also has the sweetest peter pan collar and a keyhole back.  The shoes are Carlos by Carlos Santana and I got them for a steal at Buffalo Exchange in Philly a few years back.

Peek-a-boo! You can see my tattoo, which was another reason why I loved this dress so much!
The fabric was very lightweight so I was very comfortable all night and I never felt like I was too hot from dancing.

For my make up and hair I really wanted to keep the look in the same era. Let it be known that my cat-liner was perfect! I definitely have been practicing.  I wanted to do victory curls for my hair but unfortunately I just didn't have the time to do it so I went for the twisted back look instead and used curlers for the part that was down.

Overall I was very happy and excited about this look! Probably one of my favourites so far. Don't be afraid to look like a movie star.

-Kristina





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

David Bowie: Fashion Icon, Rock Legend

Artist Thursdays: Stephanie Pepper

Dark Vibes