Love is Blind

Over the weekend my mom's cousin and my second cousin, Tommy got married to his partner Ryan down in Rhode Island!  We drove down the day of the wedding all dolled up and ready to celebrate with everyone.

Words cannot express how happy I am for him and for Ryan that they are officially married! It's very exciting.  The ceremony was quick but very meaningful, funny and filled with tears of joy.  It was quite easy to see that Ryan and Tommy are very much in love and I was so happy to be apart of their big day.  Here are a mix of photos that I took and also my cousin Andrea's husband Sami took as well.

It was also great for the whole family to get together. Most of my mom's cousins live out of state or more than 30 minutes away so it's rare that we get to spend time together.  But last Friday was a great chance to celebrate and cut loose with some of my favourite people.

Tommy (far right) had his long time roommate be the officiate of the wedding. He was very humourous and spoke about how he and Tommy were technically already in a common law marriage because of the number of years they had lived together but he was willing to share Tommy as a husband with Ryan.

More photos are behind the cut!






I now pronounce you...HUSBANDS!

Ryan and Tommy with their parents







(My sister and I with Tommy!)

(Mom and Dad looking fab)

(Yeah, we throw money at newly weds)


(Super official!)

In my own opinion, love has no gender, creed or race.  We should all be able to love whomever we choose and whoever is right for us, no matter what.  Gay or straight we should have the right to spend the rest of our lives with them.  Hopefully one day gay marriages will be allowed all over the country and other parts of the world.  It's a steady climb to the top but there will always be bumps in the road.

Love who you love with all of your heart

-Kristina







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polka Dot Queen

David Bowie: Fashion Icon, Rock Legend

Dark Vibes